The purchase of Logger Pro 3 software includes a site license that allows you to install Logger Pro 3 on any computer in a department (college or university) or school (K-12), as well as personal computers of students and faculty in the department or school. The benefit of the site license is access and availability to Logger Pro 3 in and out of the classroom. Students can easily use it for special projects or to complete lab work outside of class time. Graphs and other objects from Logger Pro 3 can be copied and pasted into other applications such as a word processor or spreadsheet for reports and papers.
The easiest way to distribute Logger Pro 3 to your students is to create an account on our website at https://www.vernier.com/account/?action=register. This lets you:
- Download Logger Pro 3 to any computer in your school or college department, regardless of whether a previous version is installed.
- Send students an email with full download, password, and installation instructions so they can install Logger Pro 3 on their home computers.
1. Log in to your account at https://www.vernier.com/account/
If you are not already on your profile page, navigate there by clicking on the link displaying your username in the upper-right corner of the page.
2. Click the Your Licensed Downloads and Passwords link on the right side of your profile page. A message will display indicating the verification status of your license.
3a. If you see the message below, your Logger Pro 3 license has been verified based on the email address you signed up with. You can now download and distribute Logger Pro.
- Click the Downloads and Password link to access installers and password.
Note: Once your account is verified, you may choose to distribute the download links via email or download the installer and move it to a USB drive or school network location for distribution. Once downloaded, you are permitted to post the installer to a school network for student access, as long as it is not accessible to the public.
- Click the Send to IT Department link to construct an email message that includes the installation links, passwords, a silent installer, and instructions. You can then send this message to the email address associated with your account. From your email account, you can then forward the message to your IT Department.
- Click the Distribute to Your Students link to construct an email message that includes the installation links, passwords, and instructions. You can then send this message to the email address associated with your account. From your email account, you can then forward the message to your students.
3b. If you do not see the Logger Pro 3 download message, then your Logger Pro license has not yet been verified. Click the request license verification link to be taken to a form that you can fill out and submit to request license verification. You will be notified when your request has been processed.
3c. If you submitted a license verification request form, a message will display indicating the status of your request. For example, you might see the following message:
TIL 2504: How do I create an account on your website?
TIL 2716: How do I access Logger Pro 3 installers and passwords from my account on the Vernier website?
TIL 3449: How do I distribute Logger Pro to my IT Department?
TIL 2711: Vernier Website Accounts Troubleshooting and FAQs
TIL 2712: Can international customers create an account on the Vernier website?
TIL 3144: FAQs for IT professionals at schools